Monday, July 20, 2009

Gleaning

In our house we value salvaging food
when it is being thrown out.




We like it even more than local, organic food.




There is a big difference in the west side of Vancouver between what is edible and what is marketable. The Produce Manager at IGA prides himself on having the nicest produce in town, which means that the produce dumpsters are also the nicest in town. The folks that work there are supportive of people salvaging food, and like asking me questions about my "family" who I am feeding.

Here are some pictures of what I have brought home.

Yum.











Yum.


Today I found lots of ginger so Kyle can make ginger beer. And papayas too. But you'll have to wait a few days til we post those tantalizing pics.

Muchos hearts and bicycles,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment